Friday, January 13, 2012

Scotty McCreery kicks off tour with Brad Paisley

Source: http://americanidolfanclub.net/

“The nerves I had yesterday rivaled the nerves I had the American Idol finale night,” the 17-year-old singer says. Scotty and The Band Perry are support acts for Paisley’s Virtual Reality World Tour 2012, which plays St. Paul, Minn., on Friday.
The performance was Scotty’s first real show since coming off the American Idols Live Tour in September. That, of course, was a very different experience: “The Idol tour, I was the last person to go on; it was building up towards me,” he says. “Now I’m the guy that’s building up towards The Band Perry and Brad.”
Scotty started off with Water Tower Town. His set included singles I Love You This Big and The Trouble With Girls, as well as You Make This Look Good, which received its live debut Thursday.
“The Idol winner was aw-shucks-adorable as he announced his debut album had just gone platinum, and was at his charming, old school best on age-appropriate tunes such as Write My Number on Your Hand and The Trouble with Girls,” writes The Grand Rapids Press reviewer, Lorilee Craker.
Even though it was Brad’s crowd, a few fans were there for Scotty. “I saw some signs out there, saw some fans down front.” He also saw a couple after the show, when his bus driver noticed a few shivering fans who had been waiting in the Grand Rapids snow for an hour and a half in hopes of meeting the singer. “I ran out there in my sweatpants to say hey and take a picture,” Scotty says. “If they’re waiting that long in the snow, I’d better go meet them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment